Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hummingbirds

So I put up a hummingbird feeder a month or so ago. My grandma used to have one of these...my love of hummingbirds must be a mix of nostalgia and fascination. I didn't really expect much and wasn't sure if the hummingbirds would even be able to find the feeder. Fortunately, we have had tons of hummingbirds outside our window. They are amazing, and I love watching them hover and fly off in a buzz. The best part is gettng a glimpse of them sitting still for a few seconds on the perches of the feeder. The other day, this one hummingbird sat still for such a long time. He got a drink and then sat on top of the light for about five minutes!! It was the coolest thing and something I haven't seen before. We were able to get a picture even though the blinds were in the way...we didn't want to scare it away! Check out the hummingbird at the top of the light.


2 comments:

  1. Nice shot! I am also fascinated with hummingbirds. They are so cute! Glad to hear you've got some new bird friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are driving behind you on our way to Flagg as i type this...cool! Hummingbirds are so pretty, we have some crazy green and yellow ones at our place. Wish I could be that speedy

    ReplyDelete